Sunday, January 15, 2012

Review: My Own Kind of Freedom: A Firefly Novel


My Own Kind of Freedom: A Firefly Novel
My Own Kind of Freedom: A Firefly Novel by Steven Brust

My rating: 0 of 5 stars



My Own Kind of Freedom: A Firefly Novel is a novel written by established fantasy novelist Steven Brust "on spec". It was originally proposed as an official Firefly novel to be licensed by Universal Pictures, but it was rejected. In 2008 it was instead published by Brust on the internet under a Creative Commons license as fan fiction. from http://firefly.wikia.com/wiki/My_Own_Kind_of_Freedom


Download the novel here. link: Link

I thought the TV show was great as well as the movie and the comics so when I found this "fan fic" by a professional author I dove right in. Burst gets the pacing of the story just right with spot on dialogue from the characters. Only thing that might make this better is if it was longer and continued with more books, but I blame Universal Pictures for that for not picking up this book as an official work, but many thanks to Steven Burst for releasing this under creative commons. I'd never read any of his other work, but I will now for sure.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment