Saturday, January 14, 2012

Review: Bewitched & Betrayed


Bewitched & Betrayed
Bewitched & Betrayed by Lisa Shearin

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



I absolutely loved the first three books in the Raine Beanres series, but I hadn’t discovered them until just before the third book in the series was to be published. I like to read fantasy in trilogies so it worked out perfect for me. With the sixth book due out in May it’s time for me to get caught up with the soon to be sextet.

I loved this novel, at times I felt like I was in the streets of Waterdeep and was sneaking around looking to settle a score. Mid feels like a great place to RPG in, like Lankhmar or Sanctuary, but the protagonist Raines is so likable and believable it propels the world be so much more.

Most of the characters from the first three books are back, and with the addition of my favorite new character, Imala Kalis. My biggest complaint she didn’t have enough scenes in this novel for my taste but I hope that is rectified in books five and six. Imala is the dimpled head of the goblin secret service and an old acquaintance of Tams.

If you like the first three books you should get going on this volume soon. Even though you could hop in here enough is explained in the opening chapters that you don’t have to read the first three volumes why deny yourself the pleasure.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment