Friday, December 30, 2011

Review: Ready Player One


Ready Player One
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

My rating: 4 of 5 stars



Loved this book, it didn't hurt that everything the author wrote about are also things that I love. Wargames is my favorite movie and I was happy to see it have such an important role in the story.


Ok this was my second reading and I still love it, I know that it's a wish fulfillment fantasy, but after just reading the first 6 Elric novels I needed a dose of lighthearted adventure. While I'm a little older then intended audience, I had a blast in the 80's, first video-game system, first computer, first love, so nostalgia was certainly working in the authors favor. But for a first novel Cline did a remarkable job. An underdog hero with a cool friend and love interest and an evil corporation as the villain and all that eighty's trivia.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment