Saturday, December 10, 2011

Review: Black Wings


Black Wings
Black Wings by Christina Henry

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



I kind of liked this book, I’d say 2 ½ stars, As I read it I just couldn’t stop thinking of other things that I’ve read that used very similar lines and situations. In the beginning I felt that Madeline’s voice sounded so familiar, she sounded almost exactly like Rachael Morgan from the “Hollows Series” A series that I like a lot. Also the small gargoyle Beezle reminds me highly of the “Hollows” Jenks.

"As Katherine died, she performed a binding to protect you from Ramuell, using her own life force as a sacrifice”
Angels, Fallen Angels and monsters this is like a Christian Harry Potter, mother saves her daughter, but gives up her life.

"It's a nightmare the likes of which you have never known. We are on the verge of a real biblical-style apocalypse here."
Who you call Ghostbusters" all we need it the Gatekeeper.

I found the plot a little confusing at times as I tried to remember who sired whom and what type of angel creature they were the angels in this universe are a randy and potent bunch. Someday I’ll give the second book in the series a try to find out if the author finds more of a voice of her own.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment