Thursday, February 5, 2009

Moonheart Moonheart by Charles deLint

Moonheart Moonheart by Charles deLint


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
This novel is of course magical, because other wise it wouldn't be an Urban Fantasy, but it's also very musical.



From the Author's Note.

" this book was written under the influence of Alan Stivell, Andreas Vollenweider, Neville Marriner, An Triskell, Edgar Froese, Klaus Schultz, Radio Silence, Robin Williamson, Silly Wizard, the Fureys, and Kate Bush-to name the most prominent"



I too had my mp3 player dancing with Celtic tunes as I read the book, the music references peppered throughout the novel are almost a subliminal influence forcing you to listen to some Celtic tunes as you read.

Aside from that I loved the way that the author has integrated European legends and mythology with North American mythology, throwing in a healthy does of Taoism to boot makes for a very satisfying setting and story. The main characters are both believable and likeable; the human villains are a little one dimensional but that’s a small quibble for such a terrific novel.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment