Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega, Book 1) Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs

Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega, Book 1) Cry Wolf by Patricia Briggs


My review


rating: 1+1/2 of 5 stars the extra 1/2 comes from the 2nd part of the book.
I really enjoy urban fantasy, love Kim Harrison’s Hollow’s series which includes a little werewolf lore but had never read a novel focusing on werewolves and packs and just wasn’t drawn into the story much at all. I hadn’t read Briggs’s first series “Mercy” but started with this because it was an Urban Fantasy group read last August before I’d joined and thought I’d give it read. It’s very slow to get moving but about halfway through the pace picks up and it was a little better then the beginning had been. The main characters are somewhat likeable but the rest of the pack were either not very well fleshed out or unlikeable. It was good enough to finish but it’ll probably be a long time before I read another fantasy that focuses on werewolves. If you’re a big fans of werewolves or the Twilight series you may enjoy it, if not I’d give this a pass.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment