Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Heart Of Stone (The Negotiator Trilogy, Book 1) by C.E. Murphy

Heart Of Stone (The Negotiator Trilogy, Book 1) Heart Of Stone by C.E. Murphy


My review


rating: 2 of 5 stars
"Talking to you in the park the same night that girl died was an unspeakably bad coincidence" Alban to Margrit



That's just one of my problems with this book, he watches her for 3 years and speaks to her on the night of the 1st murder. 2nd coincidence Cara another of the old races comes to her for help, why because she was on TV. She arrives on the same day that Grit wins the pardon and is on TV isn't that awful fast. BTW Cara is a squatter, does she even have a TV or power to run it? 3rd bad coincidence her mother already knows the vampire. 4th coincidence her sometimes boyfriend is in charge of the murder investigation. I take it that later in the series perhaps the author is going to reveal why all these coincidences take place. My other big problem with the book is the length of the opening before much of anything "fantasy" takes place. The first 75 pages read more like a legal thiller than an "urban fantasy novel" I think that the info in those pages might better have been presented later in the story and get right into the puzzle/action with the background added later. Just my opinion but I think I would have enjoyed the book more that way if it had started out in the night club.






View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment