Monday, February 13, 2012

Review: Murder on the Orient Express


Murder on the Orient Express
Murder on the Orient Express by Agatha Christie

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



This was a very clever mystery, but not exactly to my taste. I prefer a more character driven story and the characters in this mystery, the first mystery featuring Poirot that I’ve read were mere sketches. Even the famous detective seems to not develop at all over the course of the story. This may not be fair as I haven’t read the first nine mysteries in the series and the others may have been radically different and the author may feel that Poirot was developed sufficiently in the prior novels. But I still enjoyed the book as I say the puzzle itself was very enjoyable.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment