Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dragonsinger by Anne McCaffrey

DragonsingerDragonsinger by Anne McCaffrey

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I wonder if JK Rowling read Dragonsinger before she wrote the Harry potter series. Dragonsinger reminds me of Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone. The protagonists are each regarded as inadequate by their families, in Harry’s case an Aunt and Uncle in Menolly’s by her biological parents. Harry however when he reaches Hogwarts finds that he has a special talent for Quidditch and is infamous as the child who survives an assassination attempt as a baby. Menolly not only has her song writing skill and musical ability she’s also the owner of nine fire lizards. Both are protected by the head of the school, Professor Dumbledore and Masterharper Robinton. Both by they’re very existence rub certain teachers and students the wrong way and both are the objects of both envy and prejudice.

For the reasons stated above I’d recommend the Harper Hall series to fans of Harry Potter who may never have heard of the series I’m sure they will find a lot to like.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment