Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Review: Arthur Machen: a novelist of ecstasy and sin


Arthur Machen: a novelist of ecstasy and sin
Arthur Machen: a novelist of ecstasy and sin by Vincent Starrett

My rating: 3 of 5 stars



How weird the path to a book, I read about Starrett in a book I'd just finished Ex Libris[b:Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader|46890|Ex Libris Confessions of a Common Reader|Anne Fadiman|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1312015577s/46890.jpg|1468318]and doing an internet search I found a PROJECT GUTENBERG EBOOK then when I searched for this on Goodreads I found a "Goodreads" friend, already had this book in her TBR pile.

This short book includes an interesting essay part of which is about
the novella The Great God Pan (1890)

(Stephen King called it "Maybe the best [horror story] in the English language".)wikipedia

Along with two poems, both thought provoking as well as beautiful. That from a reader "me" who never reads poetry.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment